Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Insensitivity

In my last blog I said that I am an atheist and that I don't celebrate Christmas. That comes to the discussion of people saying, "Merry Christmas" to me around the holiday season. I realize people are trying to be nice but what they don't know is that they are being extremely insensitive. You can never assume what people believe. They may not celebrate Christmas. What if they celebrate Kwanza or Chanukah? I don't think happy holidays is appropriate either because not everyone is celebrating a holiday. I would hope that businesses would tell their employees not to say these things to their customers. I didn't mind when people said these things to me. Now, it is going to bug me and if someone says one of these things to me, I will tell them I don't celebrate. Same goes for Easter and any other religious holiday. I wonder what their reaction will be...

No comments:

Post a Comment