Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Acceptance

So, I am learning how to accept other people. I am doing this because I want people to accept me especially since I am different. I am vegan, I am an atheist, I don't want children or pets, I am not consumed by the consumerist world and I don't want to live in one place for a long time. I have always felt that I am a very judgmental person and I feel that people are judging me all the time. I am not myself around other people. I don't want to criticize people for how they live their live. I want to understand how people live and what they believe.

I will do this by realizing people are who they are and there is no changing them. As much as I would love to persuade people to become vegan or atheist, it is hard to change people's minds. I would be more than willing to answer questions but I don't want to be pushy. I don't want to be that person standing outside of the library trying to get people to donate money to planned parenthood. I feel like they just come at you. Often times it is on a weekend when the last thing you want to do is talk to people. It's not like I do not approve of Planned Parenthood. I am in support of them and I think it is great what they are doing. But, to force people to talk to you is not right. I feel bad ignoring them but that's what you have to do if you don't want to talk to them. Same thing with telemarketers. They suck you in. I know, because I was a telemarketer.

How do you not get irritated when people do what you wouldn't do? Accept people as they are. They were raised differently than you. Maybe you can learn something from them. Just because I decided to be vegan, atheist and not have children doesn't mean that everyone in the world needs to be like me. The world would be boring. So embrace people's differences. I know it is easier said than done...

No comments:

Post a Comment